2017 brought so many new transformational experiences my way. It truly has been a doorway open to a bright new chapter of life.
Last year I brought in the new year with powerful body, mind + soul intention – I was literally dripping sweat in plank pose as I and a room full of others gazed into our own personal candles that represented the purity of our visions. My main intent being to Honor My Worth. Mmmm… this has been an interesting road through some shadowy corners and into a much more illumined version of myself, my potential and who I am becoming. The ways in which I’m honoring myself have grown so much… it’s been such a gift to me.
I believe 2017 was a transformational year for so many and reflecting on all the year offered us is a important step as we move forward into this new time filled with new potential + opportunity. For me it’s been an intense time of much transition these past few years and 2017 being the catalyst for immense growth. Grounded Growth became the theme of the past 12 months.
Here are 17 of the things I most treasure and have brought me the most foundational transformation in 2017.
- I honed in on my core values. Over + over again I revisited them until I could easefully breathe them inside + out. Clarifying values allows a strong foundational layer for everything else to be built upon. Your values may change over time – whether they become clearer or completely shift… redefining + deepening them is a powerful process to circle back to!
- I started accepting myself… exactly where I am. This was a major shift and release for me. This came through embracing, allowing + surrendering. It felt like an energetic weight lift from my being… what a breath of fresh air. I can remember a few of those moments clearly – my agreements with myself shifted and I stepped into a more loving, wholesome + compassionate space.
- I gave up FaceBook. No notice – it was just a cut + dry opt-out for a quick clean-slate. I realized how much time and especially energy this freed up, my focus grew by staying more within my own world + capacity, and it felt so good not to get caught in the comparisonitis that all to often runs rampant in social media.
- I got married. Mmmm on the beautiful sands of Mexico, my best friend and I married on our 7 year anniversary. A sacred place + space in time where we united as One Love. The shifts that happened were both subtle + intense… a new chapter that opened up new lessons + adventure.
- I moved to a new city. Beautiful Seattle Washington became our new home. Such beautiful nature lives here – and the AIR… so fresh!!! Leo + Lola definitely approve of the new garden spaces to roam and got their paws in the first snow they’ve ever experienced. Moving definitely pushes you out of your comfort zone and broadens your horizons – a welcome change for my adventurous heart.
- I went on 2 retreats – my 1st ones!!! Yasssss. I can’t say enough good things about these experiences. Being seen + heard is everything. Vulnerable. Open. Loving. Sisterhood. Friendships emerged + callings were crystallized. Find one that resonates and book it – now!!
- I found sisterhood + made some amazing new friends. This deserves repeating. Sisterhood is nourishing, fortifying support that we all need. And new friends… um yummmmmy (def: nourishing + delicious)! Soul Sisters – magically + magnetically aligned. Thank the heavens for those special gems!
- I did a financial detox. Game changer. From practically creating a shopping addiction from all the wedding purchases it was time to clean out and cut back. This felt soooo good… so much so that we have kept it up ever since. We now practice what we call Security Saturdays using a simple system we built… it is a budget breeze. I’ve got much more time again as well as crystal clarity where our money is going and why. Back in line and stepping up my Conscious Consumer ways… check!
- I honored my rhythm – like really truly. I’m a slow sailer… most of the time. I hate being rushed and pushing myself with too many deadlines most often doesn’t work. I like luxurious, slow + thorough. In our society that can feel totally against the grain – but braving the wilderness on this one has been one of the best things I could have done for myself. It comes back to acceptance + allowance, sprinkled with trust + surrender. Moon cycles have been a bestie that I continue to expand my experience with… more to come on this!
- I honored space. Not over-filling, over-planning + over- consuming is a key to living an aligned and authentic life. S P A C E is everything! There is only so much you can productivity hack your life. Real grounded productivity comes with having space to tune into what is needed for focused flow.
- I got crystal clear on my purpose. My why: To cultivate + protect vibrant life. This is golden in my heart of hearts. Creation is pouring forth from here. Do you know what your why is? It may be one of the most important questions you ever answer. It helps direct the what + the how of what you do on a daily basis. And what we do everyday creates a large part of our life.
- I was impregnated with a book. How natural + illumined this feels. I’m curious to see how this continues to unfold.
- I helped baby sea turtles find the ocean. This was magical, mystical and started off naked under the stars + a new moon! Yup this is what happens when you skinny dip in the ocean with a group of incredible women whom are filled with powerful intentions of good for the world. Such a divinely collaborative experience with Mother Nature.
- I loosened my grip on control. Not easy and still a work- in progress but the more I intentionally loosen, the more ease + acceptance enters my life. Keyword: Equanimity.
- I rested + rejuvenated… alot. There is rest + there is rejuvenation. Rest is essential, it’s what we are supposed to do for about 8 hours each night. And rejuvenation may seem like a luxury but I will argue it is just as much of a necessity. When “resting” during the day or on vacation, how often are we actually doing something else – essentially multi-tasking? Most of us will zone into our phone, watch tv on the couch or be thinking about what’s next on the to-do list. I’m guilty too… but I realized I was all too often on the very verge of exhaustion – or in the past I was full blown in it. I stopped pushing myself + started allowing my body to rest + recover as much as it needed. This was not easy but the more I did the more in flow and “fertile” I became with solutions and visions of the kind of culture I truly want to help create. Vibrant health + half-assing resting don’t work.
- I up leveled my health + healing with Ayurveda. The more I have explored + experimented with this form of ancient medicine + living the more I feel in balance – body, mind + soul. The Vedas know whatsup. Seasonal eating for my Vata body type was like a soothing balm to my sensitive nervous system and all too frequent distressed digestion. But no longer – I have the some upgraded tools to give my body what it needs when needed. All coming from a vast network of ancient knowledge it’s quite beautiful how aligned it feels in these modern times as well. I’m always welcoming deeper + deeper levels of healing. I will share more on this over the year ahead!
- I explored my story – diving deep into my past experiences. Self-inquiry continues to unravel a whole network of underground beliefs and assumptions I didn’t realize I had. The work of telling your story is deep and will pull on many threads that challenge your identity – but to shine a light on these areas is truly transformational. One of my favorite teachers on the subject recently published a new book and it’s a fabulous guide to navigating this journey… it’s called Writing to Awaken by Mark Matousek.
As I have recollected these experiences from the past year, the significance of each shift has deepened and I am in deep gratitude for both the highs and lows of life – it all helps us grow + evolve.
I wish you a wondrous New Year filled with true joy, peace in presence + vibrant wholeness. ♥
All my Love,
Reflecting from the recent past, what has helped you move into a more illumined version of yourself? I’d love to hear + celebrate with you.