Today is my 31st Birthday and the end to my golden year! It’s a beautiful day… the sun is shining, I’m surrounded by beautiful flowers, I am at home with my 2 little loves Lola + Leo. What a wonderful place to be! Today I am writing, cooking and enjoying the start of my next year. 30 has been a good year, it’s been a tough year but truly a very good year.
Reflecting, some of the most memorable moments of my golden year have been:
- Being engaged to a wonderful man and my very best friend – oh what an incredible year this has been for us. We are more aligned and stronger then we ever have been before. We have both grown so much. I love us!
- Planning our destination wedding… what a joy! Sure there has been some surprises and small bouts of unexpected drama but nothing that could harm this creation. Like the good ones always say “Enjoy every moment of it!”
- Starting this blog space. I’ve really only dipped my toes in this new blogging world of mine and I promise that the best is yet to come my dears… with continued practice + patience this space will truly blossom.
- Finding a new yoga community of likeminded souls. What a blessing this has been to me… I have pushed my limits physically and mentally + grown more connected to myself emotionally and spiritually. I have discovered greater strength + support and for that I am beyond grateful.
- Strengthening my relationships while also allowing some to fall away. Relationships have been a big theme for me this year… they have brought a lot of clarity, pain, closeness and growth. I have learned you can not strengthen what is no longer meant to be and accepting that can be a bit of a wakeup call. People come into your life to show you lessons and often those connections will bring both pleasure + pain. We must learn to accept what is and sometimes that might mean walking away which is difficult but it’s necesary in order to make room for new possibilities to flourish in our lives. I cherish what has flourished and what has fallen away.
One of my favorite teachings this year has been a yogic concept called Sthira Sukha. It means steadiness (sthira) and comfort (sukha)… or a great way to put it is ” Ease + Effort”. We must have both in our life! For me noticing where I have too little of one or the other means I need to rebalance a bit. In a yoga pose it’s a steady awareness without tension but a steady strength and ease. In my life it represents flow, grace, growth and strength… all things I wish to consciously cultivate.
It’s been quite a transformative year for me. I thought I was ready to charge forward with vigor + clarity so I could expand. But the universe had a better plan for me… I was asked to slow down and get quieter. I needed to first contract to discover more clarity.
Stillness was and is the way for me… it’s soul nourishing self-care.
It has helped me reassess my values and sort through old behaviors and thought patterns that were/are no longer serving me. I have done a lot of re-evaluating and accepting what I cannot change. Most of all I feel there has been a lot of revealing… like peeling back the layers of an onion. It’s not easy to see parts of ourselves, others and situations that were in the shadows. But what is dark must come to light in order to heal. It has all been helping me to better understand who I want to be in the world and how I want to be as I go forth. I am lighter + brighter… I feel like a new woman!
Life happens in cycles and I am so thankful for all that this year has shown me. I honor the cycles of my life. I am doing the best that I can and sometimes I simply need to remember to be present with “Ease + Effort”. And just trust the timing of my life!
A fun snippet of from the world of Numerology is… 2016 has been a 9 year, which is all about endings, completion and finishing things. Next year (2+0+1+7) is a 1 year… which means it’s a new cycle that supports new beginnings and fresh growth. Think expansion! That’s exciting, isn’t it?!
With Gratitude I celebrate this past year of my life… my 30th year has been an enlightening Golden year. Life is good + Happy Birthday to Me!